Sunday, January 13, 2008

What to wear when you are expecting?

I remember when I was expecting my daughter 10 years ago there was absolutely nothing trendy to wear! I had to be happy with wearing loose and shapeless clothes that made me look even bigger than I had become. It was depressing, really.

Fortunately, times have changed and there is plenty of choice both in the casual and not so casual departments to keep looking great when you are pregnant. However, more than one mom-to-be make the mistake of buying it all from the first trimester and then end up with a wardrobe full of clothes that are either too big or too small.

Here are some tips I hope you will find useful when putting together your maternity wardrobe:

- Buy and wear what is comfortable, for you and your bump.

- If you stick to the 1 month 1 kilogram routine, you should not need to buy new clothes until you are in your 4th or 5th month of pregnancy.

- Shop gradually, as you start growing, grow your wardrobe.

- Buy natural fabrics, invest on a few maternity t-shirts and other clothes made out of cotton, which keeps you cool ... you'll need it, trust me!

- Accessorize! A great handbag, a fancy pendant or a wonderful scarf will make you feel great no matter what you are wearing.

Enjoy your pregnancy ... and remember: shop wisely!

No comments: